Gorgeous golden coconut bread is moist, delicious and super easy to make. This recipe is full of flavour and has a wonderful toasted coconut crunch. Excellent served sliced fresh out of the oven or toasted under a grill and topped with a cheeky scrapping of butter. A recipe that will satisfy everyone each time you make it.
1 hr 45 min 1 loaf $
Gorgeous Golden Coconut Bread
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of raw sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded coconut
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tblsp. of coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup of extra shredded coconut, for sprinkling ontop of the bread
- 2 tblsp. of raw sugar, extra for sprinkling onto of the bread
Preheat oven to 160°C. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, and spices together and add the almond meal, sugar and shredded coconut. Mix the dry ingredients well.
In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs and then add the coconut milk, vanilla bean extract and coconut oil. Combine all wet ingredients together.
Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, and mix well. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 26cm loaf tin that is lined with baking paper. Sprinkle evenly the top of the cake batter with the extra coconut and raw sugar. Lightly pressing it into the top of the raw batter.
Bake for 1 hr or just until cooked. When you insert a clean skewer it should come out clean. Cool in the tin for approximately 15 minutes and then turn out onto a wire cooling rack.