A delightfully peppery salad, full of flavors and textures, this apple & watercress slaw with green peppercorn vinaigrette is the ultimate festive salad this Christmas. Also the perfect side salad to compliment all kinds of dishes, year round. Inspired by a Donna Hay recipe, it is a vegan friendly salad and guaranteed to satisfy vegetarians and omnivores alike.
20 min 6 $
Apple & Watercress Slaw w/ Green Peppercorn Vinaigrette
- 3 cups of white cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of watercress
- 1 medium fennel bulb, finely shaved
- 1 cup of fresh snow pea shoots, cut in half (optional)
- 2 granny smith apples, halved, cored and finely sliced
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 55 grams of tinned green peppercorns, drained and rinsed
- 3 tblsp. of white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of white sugar
- 1 pinch of sea salt
In a large salad bowl toss together the cabbage, watercress, fennel, snow pea shoots, apple and fresh parsley.
For the dressing with a mortar and pestle add the peppercorns and massage them until they are roughly broken up, now add the vinegar, olive oil, sugar and salt and combine well all of the ingredients.
Serve the salad immediately drizzled generously with the green peppercorn vinaigrette.
Note: If you can not find snow pea shoots the salad is still delicious without them or you can substitute the shoots for sunflower sprouts.